Saturday, April 6, 2013

Semenggoh Park...

I had read in so many places before my trip that Borneo  was a great place to see Orang Outan in their natural habitat, so being in Kuching and  near a famous park for that, I jumped on the occasion to check it out.
I get all the info on  how to get there...find the bus stop, jump  on the bus, and wait for it to take off. The bus was almost empty, only me, the driver, two  locals, a couple of Spanish people from Spain (easily spotted with their accent lol), a couple of south Africans and an american woman.
While  waiting, I notice across the street another bus in which this little girl is looking out the window, sitting on her mom's  lap. So we start playing pick a booh, well, mostly me ...she was a bit shy and hid behind her mother's arm. Then her mom noticed me and all three of us are playing pick a booh. lol such a cute and funny moment...then the bus departs...

I start joining the conversation between the south Africans and the american...and very quickly we get into this conversation about religion, God, and so forth (the 2 south Africans, Frank and Delia are quite religious, but  in an inclusive and non imposing way). We switch conversation, and Franck tells me that they both used to be actors in SA and are now managing this kind of day care camp for 4 to 6 yr old, based on teaching them arts and craft as well as a bit of acting, and tons of creativity. ha! No way!!!??? I am like: Hire me, I will volunteer for you guys. They live in BKK, so it would be perfect. We keep on chatting about it the entire day...
Yes, the Orang Outan were nice, but highlight of the day was definitely meeting Franck and Delia, and also Beth the American, who happens to be a yoga teacher, painter, and video grapher from San Francisco. Beth is currently travelling the  world to film nature and cultural dances t o compile a documentary harmonizing both the environment, animals, and cultural dances...promises to be quite a piece of work. what a life!!!??? I totally chose the wrong career...well...dont really have a career at the moment anyway. lol

Franck, Delia and  I end up having diner together, a couple of beers and a nice cigars, while chatting, mostly me giving them all the ideas I have about how to take their project to scale and repositionning it to make it a multi segmented project to make profit from it on one side, and make it a social enterprise on the other side. I got so excited about it...so they  invited me to BKK for some time  to sit down with them and their business partners to chat more thoroughly about my ideas an d see how I could help  them further (according to their words, they are just passionate artists who do not really have any business acumen. I was so happy...that could be my first NGO consulting mini project).

What a fantastic day!!!...needless to say that between the excitement of such encounter and opportunity, the 3 beers, and the cigar, I slept like a baby.  :o)     and well, in this dorm, the distance between the lower bed and the top bed is much much bigger, and the beds feel super  solid, so no fear of  my upper bed mate  to crash the bed and collapse on top of me though the night...not that I would  mind  such accident if the bed mate in question is a charming young lady...hasnt been the case AT ALL so far.

3 comments:

  1. interesting travel partners so far.... you will get your thing soon! and if that happens:.. dont forget me :D jajajaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, you never know... the charming young lady may fall out of the sky (or top bunk) and into your lap (or your bed)... you are living the next chapter of your life and there are many fresh empty pages ahead to be filled =)

    Congrats on meeting Franck and Delia! Tremenda vida for sure... but hey, you are there right along with them soooo =P its funny how we spend our entire lives reading how us pisceans are meant to be artists. You know in it is in us. Appreciating people, dance, music, photography, moments, as art. But we followed the responsible route of business. It would be amazing for you to find that niche that could combine both worlds and make you feel good about yourself at the end of the day. Cant wait to hear what this may lead to.
    xo

    ReplyDelete