Saturday, April 6, 2013

Headed up to Sibu and Belaga buy boat up the river...out for a few days...

Kuching to Sibu...5 hours on a boat...and I thought it would be more like 2 hours...I guess I should have asked.
Darn cloudy sky....spent all 5 hours on the outside deck not realizing that I was grilling...or should I say lobsterizing...adding more layers to my tan I guess. Lol

Splitting a room with Rebbeka and Maria in Sibu.
> Fred, no comments.
> Sebastian, no they are not Russian twins.

Both day and night markets have been amazingly interesting gastronomical cultural adventures and discoveries...special appreciation to a fruit called Tombok, the most sour thing I have had yet.

Boat to Belaga leaves from Sibu at 5:45am...and this time it is 8 hours of boat...and no outside deck this time. Let's just hope that we can manage to get invited to some long houses, and maybe if we are lucky, attend a funeral celebration...

Click on link for photos of markets and boats.

1 comment: