Saturday, April 6, 2013

Kuching...

I had no idea that Kuching was the biggest city in Borneo...(i guess i should have done more research...oh well...) so i was a bit surprised when I arrived and saw a huge Hilton, a huge Pullman Hotel...and quite a few big shopping malls...
This said, though it is a big city, it has quite a stronger feel of a small town.
Upon arrival, and after managing to get a cheap ride into the city, I found a wonderful hostel (Nomad BNB). who's owner, Chris, is   super welcoming, and where everyone is hanging out like a big family. As I was taking a well deserved  nap at 4pm, I get woken up by this tall American girl who enters the small 6 beds dorms asking very loudly if anyone wants some poop crackers...yeah, i know...I was like, whooooooot?! lol they were actually some whole wheat crackers topped with  coconut jam. yummmmy! you know me, I can always eat, and am curious. Then her (Erika, who has been teaching English in Korea for two years now), myself and this  swiss guy, Rafael, a scuba diving instructor who  has been travelling the world for a few years now, we head out to this Chinese parade ride outside.
It was quite fun, and great for photos (See my link on Flickr).
Since it was a beautiful  evening, we decided to take a lil tiny boat to cross the river stream and go eat on the other side. Dont ask me what I ate. I have no clue what it was, but it was yummy...the food here is so yummy...yet strange at the same time, but CHEAP! They also serve this iced tea, in witch they pour a ton of condensed milk....ufffff so goooooood with this heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment