Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Komodo...

Ha! I just realized that in my previous long post I totally forgot to mention that I did short treks on the islands of Rinca and Komodo, both famous worldwide for their giant dragons.

Ha! Probably the reason I forgot is because honestly, this is quite a tourist trap. Well, at least if you want or expect to see more than a few (5) dragons, and if you expect to see them in the wild rather than crawling around bungalows and kitchens.

Plus, these dragons looked more like dead wood logs rather than scary mysterious dragons.

And the joke: though they charge about $2 to enter the park, they charge $5 for camera fee. Really???!!! How many tourists show up that far remote and so not bring a camera to see the famous dragons?! Ufff...

No comments:

Post a Comment