Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lowering the odds of accidents in Tentena...

Today, may 13th, in Tentena, Sulawesi, where i am overnighting transitionning from Toraja to Morowali, I am proud to report my very first motorcycle accident. Not to worry, nothing broken. Just some deep scratches on my right foot and knee. (Maman, ne t'inquiete pas du tout).
Downside of it is that I cannot wear long shorts covering my knee, nor any shoes for a few days. Upside of it is that I therefore have to stay at one place and stop travelling for a few days...which means rest and reading books and talking to the locals. :-)

So once I get to Kolonodale I will do just that, which will give me enough time anyway to plan a bit my trip to cross the Morowali natural reserve and meet the Wana tribes along the river banks.

By the way, wasn't actually a motorcycle, but rather a scooter. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment