Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lost in translation in Makassar...

...about a banana juice.

"Es pisang ijo"...it was in the drink section, so I automatically assumed is was a cold banana jus like its name says, except I misunderstood the word ijo, well, I actually didnt know that word at all. But in my communication with the waitress, she actually understood that I wanted that and a "jus pisang". While the latter actually is literally a banana juice, the first one was, well...how do in describe what was served to me?...
A big soup dish, a very fluo pink juice, lots of transparent goo, shaved ice, and a coconut dough/cream in the shape if a banana stuffed with an actual banana. Hmmm...totally unexpected. But since I got that first, I assumed it was a mistake and started eating it anyway by curiosity. Quite yummy, though very sweet. A few seconds later also arrived the actual banana juice. Oh well...I just ate both before ordering my wonton soup...well, I hope it was a wonton soup. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment