Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 20th

Ufff I fell asleep in seconds last night. A good night sleep in somewhat of a bed. Good!

This morning I ate the rice left over from last night for breakfast. Yummy!

We walked to the town to buy some more food.

Today was so hot outside that we didn't do much at all. This morning we walked around the beautiful remnants of what I used to be the center part of the town back then. Gorgeous, but mostly in ruins like Ouadane is. But that part of town is within sand dunes, so no floor is even or flat. It is all as if a huge sand storm had taken over the city years back and no one ever removed the sand afterwards. I love it. It gives a mysterious and isolated aspect to the town. No wonder where some SciFi movies get their inspiration for their sets.

The temperature got extremely hot the closer we got to mid day. So after a while, we went back home to cook some yummy lunch. Rice again, but so good that I am not tired of it.

The afternoon, aside from hiding from the sun and the heat, watching movies, we didn't do anything at all. The day passed by quickly.

We ate dinner sitting on top of the house roof top wall, overlooking a big chunk of the old town, beautiful sight at sun down. Spending a week or so with some friends in this house must spectacular...though I would spend all my evenings and night picnicking and sleeping in the dunes.

Tonight I am sleeping in the roof, blanketed by the stars. Much nicer obviously, and much cooler. Let's hope no storm hits this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment