Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 16th

Up early this morning. I had breakfast with the kids in the kitchen. These kids are so adorable!

It felt weirs to leave the house and the family. I only spent a few days there but built very strong bonds. Who would have known. (Again,thank you XsideX for the connection with Fatou).

Cheikh drove me to the transportation hub on the outskirt of town. As he went to check out the prices and cars leaving, he purchased a ticket and refused that I pay him back. Agggrrr...it made me feel bad because they have been way to generous with me though they just met me.

The long distance buses, rather mini buses, here, are real luxury compared to any bus I have taken since the beginning of my trip. I actually had my own normal size seat. Leg space. A/C...

We made it to Atar in less than 4 hours.

Compared to the Rosso-Nouakchott road, it is nothing spectacular at all, but I enjoyed it anyway. No problem with the police check points.

In Atar, I was quickly met and picked up by Wedadi, Chalana's friend. A very nice and Maure man. Driving a Mercedes like 95% of the people on the country. He dropped me off at the house Chalana had offered me to stay in. Nothing fancy at all. My room is basically a small loving room with sofa mattresses all along the wall.

I dropped my bags off and went for a bite to eat before resting for the afternoon. The heat is so intense, staying indoors and resting is the safest and smartest thing to do.

Later on, Wedadi picked me up and took me for a drive around town and to the nearest pass. The Azougui pass overlooking the beautiful town of Azougui.

Wedadi dodimt want to have dinner with me. He only drinks camel milk for dinner. So I ate alone at this little outdoors pseudo Moroccan restaurant on the sort of main square.

Atar is really a cute little town, nested in the middle of nowhere.

The heat got to me. In Nouakchot I got spoiled by the A/C all the time, so the thermal shock was a bit brutal.

Early night...to borrow morning I am supposed to find a ride to Terjit by 9am at the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment