Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August 3rs, weekend time!

Today was a beautiful day.

Alleye picked me up on his motorcycle and drove me around the entire day to show me and explain to me every corner of the town. Ufff! What a town. The origin of the name of the town, Bandiagara is really cool. Look it up, it is a nice little anecdote.

The town is such a big NGO project sign collection exhibition all over. Never have I seen so many signs promoting NGO projects. Like a Time Square of such signs.

We had lunch a his house. His kids are so well educated. He himself is incredibly smart and educated and is the total opposite of all Malians I have met so far. He has incredible ideas with big potential.

In the afternoon was passed by the town electricity provider building. A huge generator working with petroleum running 24/7. Not very environment friendly, is it?

I invited him to eat yummy grilled chicken for dinner.

He works in Sevare the whole week and only sees his family on weekends. So I already felt bad to have kept him away from them all day, I made sure the dinner was short.

What a long yet interesting day.

I am so tired now. Sleepy time!

Tomorrow is Monday, I am worried about what I will see at GAAS...

No comments:

Post a Comment