Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 18th

Today was just a relaxing day. It rained a lot in the !morning, which cooled down a not the air.

In the afternoon we went to Astou's farm land to check out the new gardener/guard's work and give a few more instructions. He had done a great job and seemed way better than the previous one. Ufff...the more I see farms and lands being cultivated, and the more I want to do the same once I am settled. The work of the bland is so rewarding and exciting. Producing your own food in a peaceful and calm environment.

Then we went to Astou's mom beach ruin cabin to see and plan how to renovate it. The location of the plot of land is amazing. Right on the water.

The day went by quickly and I wasn't even that tired. Being back in Dakar with my friends was in itself a boost of energy.

In the late evening, the best part of the day: we had dinner at Baye and Sally's place. Everyone was there. Francois, Xidex, Baye and Sally, and a couple of Sally's cousins. It was so good to hang out with them again and have some exciting conversations like we used to have when i arrived in Dakar. Great news, Baye will have to be in Sao Paulo January and February of next year to take a training in farming. Perhaps I can join him as well. I seriously want to learn more about farming for personal reasons but perhaps later for professional/commercial reasons as well.

And so voila...a good and productive day. I haven't spoken to Angelina since I left Bamako though, so tomorrow for sure I will call her. I miss her. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hola!!
    Como avanzas en tu camino!!..me he quedado muy atrás...deberé leer mucho para ponerme al dìa y así comentar lo que me parece interesante.
    Por ahora sólo apoyarte en la iniciativa de formar un " orfanato familia", nada tiene valor si no están los afectos de por medio. Somos humanos y necesitamos sentirnos queridos imagínate lo que produce la falta de cariño en un niño....resultado un adulto depresivo y permanentemente triste..podría hablarte mucho de esto especialmente asociado a los niños.
    Espectacular tu interés por la agricultura....tanta vida en ese proceso....
    Hoy llueve intensamente acá y hace un par de horas hemos tenido un fuerte temblor...para asustarse.
    Te cuento que quise huir del frío y me " escapé" de vacaciones a Madrid junto a mi hijo Andrés ( cumplió sus 15 años), lo pasamos divinamente y disfrutamos mucho de la calidez del lugar y de su gente...la verdad me encanta viajar a este lugar, además que disfruto mucho de la buena comida.
    Una vez más te reafirmo que tu decisión gatillo en mí muchos cambios, especialmente el de " regalarme" momentos especiales....antes priorizaba el trabajo y postergaba algunos deseos de hacer cosas, ahora no.
    Cuídate mucho,
    cariños,

    ReplyDelete