Friday, November 1, 2013

Vipassana Meditation according to the Dhamma...happiness here i come!

Today is November 1st, it is now 7:46pm...I am sitting on a night bus en route to the world famous city of Bagan.

Today was the day I completed a 10 day Vipassana meditation course according to the Dhamma teaching of the Buddha.

I long thought about how to recount this experience and what happened between when I left the meditation center this morning and when I got to the bus station, but this experience was such life changing and mind blowing that I have decided to keep it to myself ...a least for a while.

But I shall say only this, just to give you a little ides of the context:
1. 10 hours of sitting meditation every single day for 10 days.
2. Absolutely forbidden any kind of communication with outside or other students. Also forbidden to write or read. No sign language nor eye contact with any other student.
3. We were only 6 foreigners (2 men, 4 women) out of 100+ students.
4. My roommate, Denis, was a French gourmet chef. My neighbor was a 35 year old monk who told me when we left, literally, that marriage was like a jail. Denis and I actually spent the whole day at his monastery, an hour out of the city.
5. Only two meals (vegan) a day: 6:30am and 11am.
6. First meditation starts at 4:30am.

This was one of the most incredible experience in my life.

Read more and learn more about the Dhamma and Vipassana: www.dhamma.org.

Then let's chat!

Love and compassion...mind and body are two separate entities...experience over theory...everyone's experience is unique.

Meditation is hard as hell and take a lot of work, energy, and pain...but is tremendously rewarding.

Nothing is permanent, once you fully integrate this, you are on the path to happiness.

Be happy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is definitely on my bucket list!! I'll return to Yangon for 5 days in December but to meet with some university people and won't have 10 days for the meditation - but I shall return just for that! Ho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola!,
    Pienso estas en una aventura tan excitante, que te ha impedido tener el tiempo de escribir. Espero no nos dejes a mitad del camino de tu sueño, es importante sigas transmitiendo tus experiencias, emociones y cuestionamientos ya que nos permiten reflexionar, compartir y crecer a quiénes te estamos acompañando.
    " Todos nuestros sueños pueden ser realidad, si tenemos la valentía de luchar por ellos"....tú eres un ejemplo de esto.
    Un abrazo para ti,

    ReplyDelete